Pages

9/12/07
These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

It was 66 degrees today according to the Amsouth digital temperature sign as I trudged my way into work from the parking garage. 66 degrees! Now, I'm a summer gal through and through, and I love all the sun and the warmth and the running through the sprinkler that comes with it, but let me tell you, after MONTHS of record setting heat and no rain, 66 feels really good. It's crisp, it's refreshing, and you don't end up sweating through your clothes like Michael Vick at a PETA rally. In my book, that's good weather.

It was in honor of this 66 degrees that I wore boots today for the first time this season. (True, it was 66 only for .0004 seconds as the thermometer sprinted towards our normal daytime high of 50 bazillion degrees, but the morning was at least cool, so I think that deserves some boots). If you're read this blog at all, you'll know I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination. My idea of a snazzy outfit is jeans, a t-shirt, and my Chuck Taylors. But I looooove fall, because that's boot season, and you really can't go wrong with boots. (Okay, so you can. I know that these were all the rage last year, but I still say that the shaggy, the-cat-coughed-up-this-hairball-and-I-decided-to-wear-it boots were a mistake.) I'm talking more about these boots,


or these boots,


or even these boots.


(By the way, if you're looking at the pictures and decide that you must have them, these boots are from my number one boot buying source, a trendy new little boutique called "Target").

Let me break it down for you in the official "Reasons I love boots" list:
1) They make your legs look great
2) Your basic black boot doesn't go out of style...ever
3) You don't have to make sure your toenails are painted
4) You can wear comfy athletic socks and no one will know
5) They go with pants or skirts, so if you're like me and you just can't decide what shoes go with what, you're safe either way.
6) I can pretty much destroy a pair of sandals by the end of a season, but boots? They're in it for the long haul.

And now that one pair of boots has come out of the closet, it's going to be boots every day until spring, no matter what the temperature is. (Well, and my Chucks. I'm a year-round Chucks girl). Boots are just the first signal that fall is coming, and it's bringing all the best stuff of the year with it. Walking outside without sweating? Trick-or-treating? Bonfires? Thanksgiving gravy? Leaves turning colors? Chili? Jeans? Football Games? All brought about because the boots officially said that it was fall. So hooray for fall, and hooray for boots!