Pages

9/18/07
The Mighty Hunter

I suppose when you are a kitty cat, you have certain responsibilities that must be upheld.
And I suppose that one of those responsibilities is to eradicate household pests from your territory.
And I suppose that it is common knowledge that vermin and other such disturbances often come out at night.
And I suppose that hearing something rustling in the bed next to you would wake you from your slumber.
And I suppose that as a hunter, it is your sworn duty to investigate any potential prey, no matter the hour.
And I suppose that discovering something moving back and forth under the covers COULD be mistaken as a mouse or other such pest.
And I suppose that jumping on said moving lump under the covers would be the only natural response for such a mighty predator.
And I suppose that sinking your teeth into the struggling lump is considered the best way to kill the intruder.
And I suppose that it would be startling for the formally sleeping human to wake up suddenly and start screaming right in the middle of your attack.
And I suppose that you had no way to know that the lump was actually a human foot, just trying to find a more comfortable position.
And I suppose that bloody fang marks in the bottom of tender foot flesh is really no reason to yell at you, since you were just doing your job.
And I suppose that no one appreciates how good you are at that job.
And I suppose that you'll be expecting an apology now, because you were wrongfully fussed at, when in fact it was the twitchy human foot that is really to blame.

3 comments:

smc said...

ah ha ha, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Who has the bloody foot?

Quirky said...

Mine. It was my right foot that had the audacity to twitch while I was sleeping.