Pages

4/14/10
Random Dozen and Hand Me Another Tissue

I have a cold. And allergies. At the same time. And while I know that neither colds nor allergies has ever actually killed anyone, I think the combination may just do me in.

(Insert heartfelt sympathy and gifts of soup here).

Anyway, suffice it to say that the stupid cold has thrown off my entire schedule. No blogging, no yard projects, no cleaning the house, and no gym. (That's right, April Challenge is officially derailed since exercise requires breathing and that isn't currently possible. I know. I'm very disappointed. I haven't even been able to try out my new snorkel. I may unofficially change it to May challenge instead).

And while today is slightly better than the 6, no, 7 days before it, just crawling out of bed and over to the computer has exhausted me. Which is why I'm doing the Random Dozen over at 2nd Cup of Coffee instead of today's regularly scheduled post. Because she's already done the thinking part for me with the questions, and I'm just high enough on cold medicine that there's no telling what I'd put on here if left to my own devices. Trust me, it's better this way.



1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

I'm not really a shoe fashionista (I know, you're shocked), so I don't really have an opinion on them one way or the other. If they protect your feet and are comfortable enough to walk in, then they're considered a success in my book. Personally I do not own a pair, (mostly because I haven't gone shoe shopping since they became popular) but I will not disparage you for wearing them.

2. What is your favorite pizza?

I'm a carnivore. I like the meat. Pile on the pepperoni and bacon and ham and hamburger and sausage and I'm a happy (albeit artery-clogged) camper. But I am not a total meataholic. I also enjoy the occasional spinach alfredo pizza too.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?

My Dad was a big Trekkie when we were growing up, so I know just enough about Star Trek: Next Generation to make a fool of myself, but nowhere near enough to consider myself a fan. (Or to purchase show memorabilia). However, I do recall that the pre-teen me had a mad crush on the young ensign Wesley Crusher, so if they're auctioning off Wil Wheaton, I'll take him.

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.

I'm not sure we're really famous for anything. Maybe Jack Daniels, but that's about 2 hours away from here.

5. What is your current favorite snack?

Chili's chips and con queso. Although is it still considered a snack if you make an entire meal out of it?

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")

A. Dancing with the Stars

B. Biggest Loser

C. Survivor

I suppose A out of these three, although I'd really like to do the Amazing Race. I also wouldn't mind trying the Wipeout obstacle course (if you can count that as a reality show and not just a really long episode of adult Double Dare).

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

Maybe a 6? There isn't any trash or random flotsam roaming around in it, but it could probably stand to be wiped down and vacuumed out. I run around with the top down this time of year, and a lot of dust and pollen tend to sneak in.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

The Hyacinths bloom.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

BigMama. That woman is a hoot.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward

at the moment? Breathing through my nose again.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

I saw this one on another blog today, and enjoyed it so much I'm going to steal it too:
"In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

Well, not being a parent, I guess I only do things for Tony. And Tony is happy when I buy ice cream. I recently came home with a carton of cookies and cream and he ate the entire thing in two sittings. Which I guess means that I need to go back to the store for more ice cream.