Pages

11/25/10
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

There's turkey and gravy and dressing and mashed potatoes and broccoli casserole calling my name, but I wanted to take a quick moment to jot down the things I'm thankful for (in no particular order) because it's important to remember.

Things I'm thankful for:

  • This awesome little baby girl, who I didn't even know I could love so much, but now I can't imagine life without. I can't wait to meet her!
  • A good book.
  • The library, which feeds my insatiable book habit.
  • My family, who loves me and cracks me up on a regular basis.
  • My mom (who yes, is technically considered a part of the family, but gets her own shout out because she's been so incredibly supportive and knowledgeable and fabulous and has helped me through this pregnancy when I had NO FLIPPIN' CLUE what was happening). She goes to doctor appointments, makes all my nursery stuff, calms insecurities and indulges cookie cravings on a regular basis. This would be so much scarier without her.
  • Tony, who is the best hubby anyone could possibly ask for, hands down, even when I don't tell him enough.
  • Sonic cheese sticks. Oh my word, the cheesy goodness!
  • Sleeping in late (Which I'm appreciating now because we're about to kiss those days goodbye!)
  • The wonderful ladies I volunteer with. They are such a hoot!
  • Catching all the green lights.
  • My home, my city, my country, and the freedom that made them all possible.
  • It being 70 degrees outside for Thanksgiving. I love you warm weather! Please don't ever leave me.
  • You guys, who read and comment and write great blogs of your own. I do love spending my mornings with you.
So that's my list. What's on yours? Did I miss anything?


Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness,
universal to all ages and all faiths,
At whatever straws we must grasp,
there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.
J. Robert Moskin