Pages

12/13/06
Freedom!

You know that part in Braveheart where he's being drawn and quartered, and he yells "Freedom!" Well, replace the horses running in different directions with an accounting final, a presentation on a case, a paper, and of course, regular work. The official end of the semester was yesterday, and all I can say now is "Freedom!" (at least until January 7th, when the new semester starts.

I know, I know, it's been a while since you've heard from me. There's a little hole in your day to day existence without my delightful wit and charm. My only excuse is finals. For the past week and a half, I've been eating, breathing, and dreaming finals. (Well, that's not true...the last few days I quit eating and sleeping altogether). But I'm happy to say that now that it's finished, and I'm convinced that after a few more days of regular sleep, this eye twitch will go away and my hair will quit falling out in clumps. (You deal with stress your way, I'll deal with mine my way).

For now, it's like being on vacation. All I have to do is just go to work, and when that's done, I come home and do whatever I feel like doing. Do I want to watch tv? Do I want to read a book? Do I want to just soak in the bathtub? It's fantastic!

"They may give us failing grades, but they will never take away our freedom"!