Pages

12/24/06
Cousin Andy's Band

Actually, he's a cousin-in-law, but I'll claim him as family anyway, since he seems to be well on his way to riches and fame. (Did I mention that he's my favorite cousin-in-law?)

Anyway, the band is Jabarvy and I must admit that I'm really hooked on their music. (Favorite cousin Andy gave us a CD for Christmas, although that's not why I'm writing good things about them...I really do like the music. Besides, he doesn't know the blog exists, so I would totally feel fine bashing them if the music wasn't good- family or not).

Anyway, the music style is unique. For example, I thought Legs, Feets, Sheets had kind of a Barenaked Ladies-ness to it, but then Sweetness in the Sunshine is totally different, with kind of a western-y feel. (By the way, that smell of Texas that they're talking about refers to the cow smell. A little insider band trivia that I picked up). Oh, and the instrumental songs have a jazzy-but-in-a-non-annoying-way feel. (Okay, okay, music review isn't one of my particular strengths. Just trust me, it grows on you).

Check 'em out if you're looking for something different.