Pages

5/7/10
Because Really, What More Interesting on a Friday Than Talking About Me?

It's Friday. I'm lazy. And you people need to know more random information about me so that you can be prepared for the day when I'm a category on Jeopardy!

Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Let's see. 9 years together, 7 of them married. I consider that pretty serious.

What was your dream growing up?
I wanted to be Zorro. I mean, he rode a horse, he had a sword, he wore a mask and cape. Can you possibly get any cooler than that?

What talent do you wish you had?
I'd like to have an affinity for languages. You know, be one of those people who can speak 7 or 8 languages fluently. Sadly, it doesn't appear to be happening. Dora the Explorer knows more Spanish than I do, and I've been working on English for three decades with only moderate success.

If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Probably water. I drink A LOT of water. I like water. It's my go-to beverage. I did that how much water should you drink daily quiz, and my answer was 95 oz a day. And I was like, yep, that sounds about right. Color me hydrated.

Favorite vegetable?
broccoli. I could eat broccoli for every meal. (Except I don't, because it never occurs to me to make it for myself. But if it just magically appeared on my plate every day? Yeah baby!)

What was the last book you read?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It was really good. It's about a woman who takes a year off from her life to discover pleasure in Italy, find enlightenment in India, and balance the two in Indonesia. I don't agree with everything she says, but a lot of it will make you sit back and think. And laugh. And sigh.

What zodiac sign are you?
Gemini. Although Gemini horoscopes never fit me. Apparently, every other Gemini in existence is an outgoing, talkative party person. I'm like, "I love to party! By myself! With a good book! Maybe in the tub if I'm feeling really crazy! Woohoo!"

Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
Just the ear piercings. I wouldn't mind a tattoo except for that pesky fear of needles. (The piercings were made with an earring gun...it makes a difference). Instead I play with henna and temporary tattoos, which in addition to being pain free, also have the advantage of being able to change depending on my mood.

Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
I'm ambivilent about clowns. They don't really appeal or disturb me either way. Now, people in character costumes with giant heads? That's a different story. Those guys freak me out big time. Mascots, Disneyland characters, the Easter bunny in the mall- I'm giving them all a wide wide berth.

Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Probably your conscience. I'm that person who absolutely cannot drop litter on the ground. Can't do it. Tried, and had to pick it back up again. Also shopping carts. I have to put them back in the shopping cart corral, no exceptions. I can't just leave them in the parking lot. So yeah. I'm probably not the one you want to take on your mad crime spree. (Although I think I'd be a really good partner in crime if it wasn't for my own morals. Like if I was allowed to commit crimes? I'd be all over that).

Ever been arrested?
Nope. See above answer about the shopping cart. I don't even jaywalk. I have Citizen Do-gooder tattooed across my forehead.

What's your favorite place to hang out at?
Either the air chair on the screened-in porch or the hammock in the back yard. Those are my thinking/reading/hanging/dozing/perfecting the art of stillness spots.

Do you swear a lot?
Actually no. When we were kids, whenever we were watching TV or a movie and someone said a bad word, my mother would turn to us and say, "Now we don't talk like that". I guess it stuck because I never developed the habit. I will say crap and sucks (if you consider them swear words), but that's about the extent of it.

Do you believe/appreciate romance?
I do believe in romance, although I also understand that real romance is not like one of those novels with Fabio on the front. I mean, that's great and all, but more often than not, romance is being the one to do the dishes, or clean up the cat barf, or to get out of bed and get me a glass of water when I'm thirsty. I guess my brand of romance is more a slow and steady burn than a raging inferno, and I'm okay with that.