Pages

10/25/06
Lovin' the Lava

I decided I needed more peace and tranquility at work, and since quitting isn't an option, I dug my old lava lamp out of the closet and brought it to work.

Like myself, my lava lamp missed the 60's (and 70's for that matter), so we're "retro returns". Like a Disney movie, my lamp has been "released from the vault and digitally remastered for this generation to enjoy". Lava 2.0 you could say. (If you don't have one, you can always download the screensaver version).

Anyway, I brought my lamp to work to soothe me. And I am soothed. I am completely mellow. I am losing all productivity because I spend all day watching the lava levitate. And I don't care. I can sooooo see why these were a such a hit with the drug induced hippies. The little lava blobs look so happy. Like they're jumping up and down on a trampoline in slow motion. You can almost hear them going, "Wheeeee!" They float up. They float down. Doesn't matter to them...they're just along for the ride. Like Jell-O ate some magic mushrooms. I keep thinking how much fun it would be to grab those globs and squeeze them (although the rational part of me knows that they're hot molten wax, so that would NOT be fun in reality). I keep touching the glass anyway.


Wha...? How long have I been sitting here?

1 comment:

smc said...

Duuuuuuude. I am buying a lava lamp as soon as I get an office. I want to lose productivity too...

Chicago smells like brownies today. Some bakery is working overtime. I thought of you.