Pages

2/28/07
Noodles Roasting On an Open Fire

What's with the city catching on fire lately? Today I was out on the square, innocently enjoying my Arby's turkey bacon ranch (no onions) wrap, the sunshine, and my new book when Oodles (if you look down to the post about eating outside, that's Oodles in the picture with the black hanging sign) caught on fire. At the time, I happened to be sitting about 15 feet from it. (Don't worry. It was just a small fire. In the back. No one was hurt). I didn't even realize what was going on until the fire alarms started going off. Then the bike cops who are always patrolling the square showed up, and then more cops, and then 6 fire engines (yes! Six!) and then the channel 10 news. And lots of people were milling around, and some poor woman who lived in the loft above Oodles ran up to see if any of her stuff was damaged, and people started bringing out painting after painting after painting from inside the building, until the area in front of the building looked like an artist's sidewalk sale. It was all very interesting. I don't think that there was very much damage, so I don't feel bad at being entertained with a front row seat to a breaking news story. See? Reading this blog gives you the first scoop on up to the minute Knoxville news.