Pages

2/10/10
"I'll Take Quirky Thoughts for $1000, Alex"

So I'm reading this book about Microsoft programmers in the early 90's, and the author does an interesting thing...he introduces each of his friends by stating what categories they would have in their dream game of Jeopardy! So of course, that got me thinking. What categories would I completely and totally rock if I were able to pick my own Jeopardy! board?

This is what I've come up with:

Ways to feel busy yet waste an entire day without really accomplishing anything
Romantic comedies where at least one major character speaks with a British accent
Siamese cat group-think
Things to do between the hours of 11pm and 4am
Marketing books that sound interesting but have no discernible application
Best ways to identify the Roasted Garlic Triscuit with the most seasoning
Which cardio machines at the gym get the most direct flow from the air conditioning vents

If I had that board, I'd be daily doubling all over the place. Not even the great Ken Jennings would stand a chance. I'd be all, "Bring it, Alex!".

What's your dream Jeopardy! board? I'm curious to know what your categories would be.



PS- The book is called Microserfs if you're interested. It's written in journal form and not half bad.