Pages

2/24/10
In the Medal Standing for Olympic Watching, Just Consider Me Norway

I give! I give! The Olympics have officially beaten me. I have decided that it is humanly impossible to watch every single event, every day. (Besides, how many freaking biathlon races can there possibly be anyway?!? Every time I turn it on the TV, someone is skiing and shooting. Ski and shoot. Ski and shoot. Feuding warlords use less ammunition. And those poor athletes could have probably skied around the globe by now). So I'm giving up on all but some of my absolute favorites. I'll watch the hockey, and any other ski cross events, and maybe some random bobsled, but other than that? Done. Men's semi-quarter-final 100M freestyle two-man luge? Out. Women's longer-than-short-but-shorter-than-long pairs technical ice dancing program? I'll catch the highlights some other time. The in-depth behind-the-scenes history of the making of the official Olympic ice sculptures? I'm sorry, but I just can't do it. I cannot stand another moment in front of the TV. I gave it all I had, but I just don't have the stamina. Despite my Olympic trash-talking going in, I have officially crashed and burned. NBC is slow motion replaying the carnage of me rolling off the couch in an Olympic stupor. I loved every minute of it, but it has beaten me. I'll train hard, find a new coach, and maybe you'll see me again in four years. But for now, I'm done.


(The good news is, I should be back to a somewhat normal blogging schedule after this. I know all one of you has missed me).