Pages

12/10/07
Papers, Poo and Parties Too!

You were beginning to wonder if I'd ever make it back, weren't you? Honestly, I was too. But I have emerged from the murky marketing paper muck, victorious, and clutching my shiny new A. But on to other things...

1. We had my company Christmas party Friday night. All of you who know Tony know just how much he loves parties. Especially parties where he only has a passing acquaintance with other guests. Nevertheless, I am a mean, horrible wife, so I RSVP'ed that we would be attending. (Tony was hoping that I would forget that, but alas, he was out of luck). It was a semi-formal shin-dig so I wore my bridesmaid top from the Seester's wedding with a black velvet skirt. I asked Tony to wear khakis and a sweater. He informed me that he does not like to wear sweaters. (Mark that off of your Tony gift idea list). Apparently, they are warm and soft and fuzzy, and who in their right mind would like that? Anyway. Tony went with a shirt and tie, but seconds before we left the house, he decided that the tie was choking him, so he ended up being stuck with a sweater after all. (And he looked very handsome, even if it was warm and soft and fuzzy). The party was at the Hilton, and we I had a lovely time (Tony said it was tolerable). The food was good, the company was good, the atmosphere was good. We stayed for exactly 2 hours and 15 minutes, which may be a new Christmas party record.

2. For those of you who are following the edge-of-your-seat drama of The Young and the Poo-less, Dixon has been proscribed Cisapride, which causes muscle contractions in the tummy area which (in theory) moves used food through the appropriate tunnels. The good news is that we had poo two days in a row. The bad news is that it's been two days since we last had a deposit. WILL the cat ever be regular again? WILL eating the Christmas tree give him the increased fiber he's looking for? HAVE you ever seen someone so obsessed about cat poo? Tune in next time for the answers to these and other shocking questions on -Buh-Buuh-BUUUUUM! The Young...and the Poo-less!

3. Oh come on! You need a three? I just gave you a fun party antidote AND a witty take on cat poo! I only put number three because you can't have a list with fewer than three items. Go back and read the Christmas party and cat poo thing again. I'll have something new for you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have an update to the Young and the Poo-less! There was another successful poo episode last night! We're now 3 for 4 in poo days. I'm cautiously optimistic.