Pages

12/26/07 Who Needs Sugarplums With All This Food?

Welcome back! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I got to spend some quality time with the family (which is actually a good thing with my family), and Santa was very good to me. We had a very fancy Christmas eve dinner, with shrimp cocktails (since Tony doesn't eat shrimp, Mom and Dad sliced chicken tenders and set them around the edge of a glass with honey mustard inside), and a roast, and salad, and baked potatoes, with Christmas cookies for dessert. Then we went to Christmas Eve Mass, and back home to wait for Santa while visions of sugarplums chocolate-covered pretzels danced in our heads. And ohhhh, Santa did not disappoint! I got birdhouses and calendars and robot vacuums and jewelry and hiking stuff and gift cards galore! I must have been very very good this year. Then we had Christmas lunch, which consisted of Christmas ham, and Christmas mashed potatoes, and Christmas turkey and Christmas stuffing and Christmas broccoli casserole, and Christmas brownies, and Christmas rum cake, and Christmas chocolate pecan pie. (And I was stuffed like a Christmas goose after eating all of that).

Today we're going to hit the after Christmas sales at the mall (Steph's idea. She likes shopping. I'm just along for the ride), and pedicures (yay!) and then back to my house for a tasty meal of Italian beef sandwiches and a spades tournament. (Now THAT's a good Christmas...Much better than riding through the snow in a one horse open sleigh in my opinion).

Here's hoping that you and yours had an equally good Christmas, and that now you're relaxed and well fed and playing with all your new toys. I'll see you back here in the next few days!