Pages

1/3/08
Still...

I saw this on Antique Mommy, and since 1) I thought it was cool, and 2) I have a teenie weenie bit of hero worship going on there, I blatantly stole borrowed the idea. It seems Antique Mommy got it from MotherPie, who is either amazingly brilliant in her own right, or blatantly stole borrowed it from someone else. And so the Internet circle of life continues. Anyway, if you have a blog and are no doubt looking for poignant New Year-ish revelations (and really, who isn't?), I highly suggest you blatantly steal borrow this from me.

Still amazed: that I managed to snag such a fabulous husband who not only does dishes without being asked, but also always puts the toilet seat down and knows exactly when I need a hug.

Still getting used to: winter. 27 years, and the cold weather still surprises me.

Still loving: Japanese hibachi food. Yum Yum!

Still proud of: how well classes are going for me. 3.833 GPA baby!

Still not proud of: how selfish I can be sometimes

Still hoping: that the jiggle that my backside has developed will magically go away on its own

Still worried: about those mysterious noises in the middle of the night. Good thing Tony still gets up to check them out for me, even if it is just the house settling.

Still never going to: watch reality shows. Or Donald Trump. Or anyone who is looking for love in Paris by going on dates with 25 women at the same time.

Still pretending: that my metabolism will always allow me to eat junk food and stay thin

Still reading: cheesy romance novels. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Still wanting to read: anything I can get my hands on, especially in the bath tub.

Still interested in: home decorating shows

Still not interested in: Hollywood gossip- get a life people!

Still looking forward to: spring bulbs blooming. Tulips, Hyacinths, Irises, Lillis. C'mon spring!

Still not looking forward to: writing and defending this thesis. Ack!

Still failing: to walk away from that last piece of chocolate

Still grateful for: the closeness of family

Still praying: for direction.

Still not believing in: diet pills, get rich quick schemes, and that I have won the Nigerian lottery...even though all I have to do is send them a check and they'll send me my winnings.

Still believing that: God will show me the path my life is supposed to take and allow it to touch others for the better

2 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

Great list! And yes, it originated with Motherpie who is as you say brilliant. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the link and the compliment (amazingly brilliant) but actually it was (amazingly lazy) as I didn't want to do resolutions this year but another way of evaluating being present (still in the moment!).

Still searching for direction? I think that is pretty true of many of us who don't want to feel complacent...

Liked your stills... thanks for the credit. Thanks for visiting MotherPie.