Pages

1/2/08
And It's Only Going To Get Better

Well, 2007 is over. Another year come and gone. And is it just me, or did it seem to go REALLY REALLY REALLY fast? I have a quirky sci-fi theory that time is speeding up. Maybe the Earth is spinning faster...maybe it's because of some other reason. But I think that each year goes faster and faster until eventually, time will go so fast until it becomes nothing and that will be the end of the world because poof! time as we know it will cease to exist.

Shocked silence from all of you out in bloggy-land.

Or, you know, maybe that's just me. Anyway, the point is that 2007 is over and we're rapidly gearing up for 2008. Looking back, 2007 was actually pretty good for me. I bought a new car, went hiking, watched an old Geezer take gold, built a deck, saw several Cubs games, met the only baby I've ever liked, purchased new bedroom furniture, fought the ants, went white-water rafting, survived the Young and the Poo-less, ate too much, and managed to get an A in every class I've taken this year. (And according to the counter thingie, you were along for a lot of it, with 2805 visits in 2007). Like all years, it had its ups and downs, but I've gotta say, there have been many more ups than downs. God takes care of us.

2008 looks to be just as good as 2007, if not better. I don't want to jinx it, but there's an opportunity at work that I'm very excited about. And barring something really bizarre happening, I'll graduate this summer. We'll be able to go on a nice vacation this year, and there will be lots of hikes and bike rides and little weekend trips to see Cubs games. We're healthy, we're happy, and life is good. The Seester will also graduate from Hah-vard, and one of Tony's sisters will get married. Mom is happy with her retirement, the family is healthy, and Dixon has gone back to using the bathroom. Things are looking great. We are very blessed here at the House of Quirk, and I hope you and yours will be just as blessed as we all see what 2008 has in store for us.

Thanks for sticking with me in 2007, and here's hoping we'll have just as much fun in 2008.