Pages

3/26/08
You Thought You Missed 10 On Tuesday, Didn't You?

I know it's Wednesday. I just thought I'd mix things up a little bit...keep you on your toes. Actually, I just got busy with something else and forgot to post yesterday. Mea Culpa. But better late than never right?

one- My in-laws are coming in this weekend! Actually, that's not a bad thing. I like my in-laws. I just have a lot to do before they get here. I'm kind of in the middle of about 6 projects, so practically every room of the house has half constructed, half painted, half completed parts scattered all over the place. I'd like to get those projects finished before they arrive on Friday, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

two- The house may be in disarray, but the garden is in its prime. I did a bulb check yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that all the tulips and the remaining 40 or so daffodils are on schedule to burst open with color right about the time that Tony's parents show. This is really the best time of the year for my flower beds, if I do say so myself. The grape hyacinths, scilla, crocus, and daffodils have been blooming strong all month, and in the last week the regular hyacinths have bloomed too. The moss flox is starting to flower right now, and the tulips should be opening by the end of the week. I'm very excited. Go flowers go!

three- Oh ya'll, I feel gross. Yesterday I ate everything I could get my hands on. I don't know what came over me! It was like I was possessed! Someone brought in chex mix with Cheese nips (soooo yummy!) and I ate that. Another person had a HUGE pile of Easter candy, so I ate that too. Then I got home and had a huge slice of Easter cake, a bag of beef jerky, a can of black eyed peas for dinner, a few handfuls of croutons, and more chex mix (sans Cheese Nips since I didn't have any). I was an eating machine! And no, before you even think it, I'm not pregnant. (Although it is that time of the hormonally unstable month, so maybe that explains it). Either that, or I have a tape worm. After the cramps, bloating, and sudden bouts of weeping though, I think I'd really prefer the worm.

four- A couple of people have asked about the Snore-No-More, and if it provided any snoring relief after I held it under Tony's nose while he slept. The answer is somewhat. I do think that it reduced the amount and intensity of the snoring, although it didn't completely eradicate it. Mom and Dad have had much more success with it that we have though, so I think it varies depending on the kind of snorer you are. I definitely recommend if you're looking for something to try. It can't hurt, and like I said, it did help us a little. Plus, I think it also helped with my sinuses at night. I didn't feel as congested and stuffy as I normally do. And the 100ml (supposed to be a year supply) was only $20, so it won't break the bank to try it out. The lid has a website (www.arraby's.com) and a phone number (1-877-743-3744) if you want to give them a shout.

five- So apparently my brilliantly brilliant Easter basket cake idea was already done in last year's Parenting magazine. Hrmph. Of course, I don't read Parenting magazine, so I'm still claiming it as a personal creative victory.

six- Speaking of cake, the hormones-masquerading-as-tape-worm are clamoring for something else to eat. Shut up hormones!

seven- I got an email not too long ago from the BlogHer ads people (look to your right, see that ad there? That's them)- and it told me that they were doing a ton of new ads in the near future. And I got all excited, because so far I've only seen 3 PSAs and 2 ads for the BlogHer conference on here. Not that I dislike the PSAs and the BlogHer conference, but they've been on there for about a month, and I'm sure if you were going to click on them, you would have done so already. *Subliminal message: Click on the ads! Quirky gets money when you click on ads! So far she's only made about 60 cents for the whole month...click on the ads!* Anyway, I'm told that new ads are coming, so if you're thinking about going to the BlogHer conference, or donating to the Humane Society, or whatever, you better hurry and do it now!

eight- I make it a point not to say anything specific about Ye Ol Company, but they've recently given me a project that uses my newly acquired MBA skills in an area that I'm interested in. I can't really say more than that, but I can say that I'm having a blast with the project, and if it works out, I'm hoping that in a couple more months, it will expand into a full-time position. Fingers crossed!

nine- I was reading an article on Slate yesterday about the slow death of the phone book. And really, I think it's time. At least have an opt out feature, because I never use the actual book for anything anymore...I can look it up a lot faster online. Save a tree- skip my house in the phone book handouts. Or better yet, let the students at Tufts University have it- they seem to have come up for a good use for phone books.

ten- Okay, I don't want to jinx anything, but we're getting reeeeeally close to hitting 1000 visitors for this month! I'm super excited. 1000 visitors may not be a big deal for those super blogs, but it's pretty major for little ol' me. I'd like to have one of those bells ringing and balloons falling from the ceiling and confetti flying everywhere deals for the 1000th visitor, but my html isn't that sophisticated. You'll just have to pretend. If the past few days have been any indication, we should hit 1000 sometime today or tomorrow. It could be you! Right now! Yaaaay!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Woo Hoo! Hope it was me. Does it make a difference on a feed?

smc said...

Congrats with the company project! my fingers are crossed for you. Now I'm going to go click on things on your sidebar. Maybe get you up to 75c. I'm probably the best sister in the world.

Anonymous said...

We're at 993 visitors right this second! Quick! Come back 7 times and you can be the 1000th visitor!

Unknown said...

Is is me? Am I the 1000th? That would be SO cool!

P.S. You sound pregnant to me! ;)