Pages

11/14/08
A Friday Meme

It's Friday. I'm feeling lazy. That means meme time!

Here's one I found at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes:

1. My uncle once: was a Navy seal. He doesn’t really talk about it much though.

2. Never in my life have I: been in a hot air balloon, vacationed in Australia, published a book, or driven a motorcycle. All things that are now on my to-do list.

3. When I was five my parents took me: to kindergarten? I don’t specifically recall it, but I know that I went to kindergarten, and five seems to be the average age of attendance, so I’m assuming I was there.

4. High school was: tolerable. Nothing to write home about, but not the worst time ever either. Just something I did while I was waiting to go to college.

5. I will never forget to: take time to read a good book

6. Once I met: Tennessee football coach, Phillip Fulmer. He was in a restaurant at the table next to mine. My mom made me go over and get his autograph. He was very nice. I’m very bummed that he’s leaving at the end of the season. He’s been a great coach.

7. There’s this boy I know: who is sweet and funny and kind and responsible and loving and selfless and easy going and does the dishes, the laundry, and takes out the trash without being asked. Good thing that I married him. (Eat your heart out ladies!)

8. Once, at a bar, I: was like, “Are you ready to go yet? This place reeks of smoke. And that guy just tried to grab my butt. And it’s really crowded in here. And I drank all my water and I’m not about to go back up to the bar to ask for another one. And why does it have to be so loud in here?” (Oh yes, I’m a lot of fun to be out with. That might explain why I spend so little time in bars).

9. By noon, I’m: blogging, reading other people’s blogs, or out wandering the streets looking for blog fodder.

10. Last night I: tried to take over the world. (Said like the Brain in Pinky in the Brain). No really, last night I sat in the hot tub and read. This, going back to Pinky and the Brain, is the same thing I do every night.

11. If only I had: any idea what I want to be when I grow up.

12. Next time I go to church: I’ll ask Tony if he wants to bring something to the church’s annual Thanksgiving potluck dinner. He probably won’t, but I’ll ask anyway.

13. What worries me most is that I: won’t ever find whatever it is I’m meant to do. That I’ll just end up floating along without any real purpose or direction.

14. When I turn my head left I see: my Pathos plant. Looks like it could use some water too.

15. When I turn my head right I see: that framed picture of my and the Seester when we were at the photographer getting her pre-wedding photos done. I hadn’t planned on being in any so I was really ratty casually dressed, but the photographer wanted to get a picture of me and the Seester playing a game where we stared at each other and tried not to be the one to smile first. (We played this all the time as kids). Anyway, she totally lost and the result is this great picture where she’s laughing like crazy and I’ve got my head turned towards her, smirking ‘cause I won.

16. You know I’m lying when I: lie. Apparently my face is an open book. No poker face whatsoever. It’s annoying actually. There goes my career as an international spy. Or politician.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: big hair. My hair yearns for the day when it can be large and in charge again. It’s like, “Just say the word, sister”

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: really old by now. No seriously, I’d like to be one of the fairies like in Midsummer Night’s Dream, but some days I feel more like the third tree from the left.

19. By this time next year I will: be 29? Who knows beyond that? I’d hope to be smarter, kinder, and doing something meaningful with my life.

20. A better name for me would be: the 2008 Lotto Million Dollar Jackpot Winner

21. I have a hard time understanding: why people love reality shows so much. It’s not really real people! I hope not anyway. What a conniving, self-centered and rude world we live in if it is.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: take only classes that are fun and interesting to me. No more accounting EVER!

23. You know I like you if I: skip the small talk and go straight to a real conversation.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my Mom. Chances are she had a lot to do with whatever I’m getting an award for.

25. Take my advice, never: ride an alpine slide. This, for those of you who are not familiar with it, is a concrete slide that winds down a mountain. The idea is you slide down this concrete chute on a little sled with wheels. Oh sure, it sounds like fun now, but DON’T DO IT! Because when you fall off of the little sled at high speeds, you will surely demonstrate Newton’s First Law (objects in motion tend to slide another 25’ feet along the concrete) and Friction (thereby ripping all of the skin off of your body) in an amazing display of road rash, and exactly one week before you are supposed to start the eighth grade (Murphy’s law and the Law of Teenage Mortification).