Pages

8/13/06
"I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMill!"

Well, Stepher's wedding was yesterday. She's now officially joined the ranks of those most commonly referred to as "the old ball and chain". I am pleased to announce that it was a smashing success, and even better, I was simply smashing. Yes, yes, the bride was beautiful, which was completely expected. What wasn't expected was how incredibly good I looked. Who knew? Most days I just manage to put enough effort in to my appearance so as to squeak by as "acceptable". I'm dressed, I'm groomed, but there's no pizzazz. But yesterday! I was radiating pizzazz. Simply oozing it. The difference was that professionals got a hold of me. A professional did my hair, and it looked fantastic! I have no idea how she did it. I don't think she knows how she did it. She just jack hammered 2 million bobby pins into my skull and sprayed me with about 40 cans of hairspray, and viola! Think Audrey Hepburn classy. Even my face looked different. But if that wasn't enough, I went to my local professional makeup artist, and she definitely got into the spirit too. I have come to the shocking realization that it doesn't matter what genes you have, if professionals are doing your hair and makeup, you will look sensational. I can so see why Glammer Shots has taken off. I never would have recognized me. Yes, I know, my vanity shocks you. It would shock me too, except that it was only for the day, and after washing my hair this morning, I have safely returned to the same old me. But it was totally Cinderella-like, which I don't recall happening on my wedding day, so I'm fully willing to take it on someone else's. And just so you don't totally disown me...You looked fantastic too, Stepher.