Pages

8/22/06
School Days...

So I woke up this morning feeling a bit queasy, and generally nauseous. (My mother would hopefully proclaim pregnancy...I figured I was coming down with the stomach flu). I got up and ate some Rolaids, but the uneasiness persisted. It wasn't until I mentioned it to Mom during lunch that she was like, "Of course you're feeling sick! It's your first day of school!" And you know what? She's right. For as long as I can remember, the first day of school has been nerve-racking for me. The nerves would make me queasy for days. You would think that at 26, I would have outgrown being nervous on the first day of school. (I didn't even realize that was it until she said something). 1st grade was a lot more intimidating that my little MBA program, and I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm one of the cool kids. (I wasn't, and I'm still not, but at least I've come to terms with it). But I do have my notebook paper and my calculator and my highlighter all lined up and ready to go, so maybe the ritual gathering of school supplies is the trigger. Maybe I'll go pick up a Trapper Keeper or some new school clothes to make myself feel better after class. Here's hoping that I still know how to study, and that the homework isn't as bad as it used to be.