Pages

3/10/07
Abrams Falls

Well, hiking was, as usual, fabulous. The weather was fabulous, the scenery was fabulous, the company was adequate. Okay, okay, the company was fabulous too. I have a pretty good hiking group, and we had a lot of fun. It was me, Liz, Andrea, Chris, Eric, and Greg, so you could probably hear us laughing all the way down the trail. We played a rousing game of "Would you rather" (as in, would you rather have the ability to fly, or the ability to be invisible?) as we walked. And the elliptical machine is obviously paying off, because last year the steep portions were kicking my butt and this year I was flying right through them. We ended up doing the Elijah Oliver trail too, since it was only a mile long and had some neat cabins at the end. So all in all, a nice 6 miler. (It's funny how 6 miles hiking is easy for me, but 2.5 miles alone on the elliptical has me dripping sweat and aching to get off...I'm guessing the scenery keeps me occupied). It was too cold to swim, but we did get some pretty neat pictures. I'll let you go to Greg's site to see them...if I load too many on here, it slows the blog down to a crawl. Well, okay, just this unflattering yet funny one in front of Abrams Falls.