Pages

3/22/07 Skully

Tony and I were watching Dateline the other night, and the subject was football obsessed husbands and how they treated their wives during football season . Dateline (and the wives) planted secret cameras in the rooms to watch the husbands during the game. The craziest one by far was the guy who continually told his wife to "stop it!" when she tried to talk to him, but would signal his desire for her to get him a new beer by holding the empty beer can above his head. If she didn't immediately respond, he would shake the can. If she still didn't respond, he would channel the thoughts and desires of a plastic Halloween scull decoration that was sitting on a shelf behind him, such as, "Scully says get me another beer!" and "Scully says quit talking during the game!" The truly sad part is that his otherwise intelligent-looking wife would obey these "commands" from Skully. I mentioned something to this effect to Tony, (who obviously doesn't correlate my comments to the meanings behind them, bless his heart) because he immediately tried to do the same thing. "Scully says get me a frosted pop-tart!" Luckily for him, I can recognize general pesterfidiousness, so I sweetly kissed him on the nose and told him that if he really tried that with me, he'd be surgically removing Skully from certain bodily orifices. Let's see what Skully has to say about that.