Pages

3/26/07
Maybe It's Maybelline

Isn't it amazing how one little change gives you a whole new opinion of yourself? Yesterday my lips were blah, and today they're like, "Ta-da!" A few weeks ago I turned around to Crawford and told him that I just didn't think that this lipstick was working for me. (I've worked with Crawford for about two and a half years now, so he's used to these occasional "girl outbursts"). I said that I needed a new summer color, and hopefully one that would stay on for longer than 3 minutes before my super absorbent lips suck all the color in. The problem with lipstick, however, is that there's only about 500 different kinds, and who can afford to buy one of each to see if the "Max 12 hours stay!" is better than the "Won't run or kiss off!"? The answer to that is Mom can. Mom always has a million different lipsticks. I think she's on her own never-ending quest for the perfect lipstick, and the wake of tried-and-discarded tubes stretches for miles. This is particularly good for me, because I also get to test to see which one really is the best for me, but without all that pesky cash outlay. Well, yesterday my search (through Mom's makeup drawer) paid off. I found the Mecca of lipstick. The color is great, the staying power is great (something I have never experienced before, even with those "guaranteed to last through hurricane force winds, deep sea diving, and the apocalypse" lipsticks), and it's not all sticky or dry. Annnnd, I think it smells like cherries, which was not exactly a criteria, but I'll take it anyway. It's Faaaab-u-lous! I put it on yesterday, and it was still on this morning! Seriously! This lipstick could outlast most Hollywood marriages! Just in case you're on your own search for the Holy Grail of lipstick, I highly recommend Maybelline Superstay. It's got a little brush with lip color on one end, and a Lipsmackers Cherry-like gloss on the other. My personal color of choice is Mauve 785 if you really want your lips to match mine. (And who wouldn't, because I have Hollywood Starlet lips...even after breakfast!) And when I came in today, Crawford (bless his soul) realized that I had new lipstick without me telling him and said that it was a very nice color! (And he's not gay!) You know it's got to be powerful good lipstick if a straight guy will notice it!