Pages

3/28/07
Girls Day Out

I has a MOST fabulous girls day out yesterday! Steph's in town for spring break, so I took off work at noon (and ran like mad before they could drag me back) and then met Steph and Mom and Dad at Chili's. (Dad's not officially part of the girls day out, but he like Chili's because they serve chips and salsa, which is number one of Dad's favorite foods list). I had the Quesadilla Explosion (no corn relish), which is awesomely tasty, and contains about a pound and a half of lettuce, so you can convince yourself that this is good for you while you eat all the chicken and cheese and dressing off the top of it. Then we girls went to Lowes (because what would a perfect day be without a trip to Lowes?) and then off to get pedicures. (I'm so addicted to those massage chairs with the foot bath that they have in the pedicure place now). So now I have smooth feet with cute toenails, complete with little flowers painted on the big toes. (Side thought: is there official training for toenail artists? Or is it sink or swim and only people who excel in painting miniature pictures on people's feet become successful enough to make a living at it? And how do I become one, because NOT ONCE while silent Asian guy was painting flowers on my toes did the phone ring and an angry car dealer yell at him). Anyway, once we had freshly coiffed feet (can you coif feet?), we ran around Walmart so that Steph could get some awesome lipstick just like mine, only in a lighter color, and Mom could buy one of every type of Dr. Scholl's shoe cushions available. (Mom wears notoriously uncomfortable shoes). Then we went to the mall so that I could get some new foundation. (Second free beauty tip: Merle Norman foundation powder. Expensive? Oh yeah. But fabulous coverage. You could have an active volcano on your face and this foundation would smooth it out. Every now and then, I get sucked in by the flawless people on the tv commercials and try the Revlons and the Cover Girls, but I always come back to Merle Norman's foundation). We rounded out the day with Mom buying some new shoes (comfortable ones this time). I had to go to class after that, but even that wasn't bad. Long, but not bad. All in all, a fabulous day. I'm trying to figure out how to quit my job and become a full time lady of leisure so I can do this kind of thing every day.