Pages

8/13/07
Book Time!

Sorry I didn't write this weekend. I've been reading. I'm a little late to the game, but I've just discovered Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, and I'm tearing through them like Sherman through Atlanta. Oh. My. Goodness. I have laughed until I've cried. I've laughed until my stomach hurt. I've laughed until losing bladder control became a very real threat. If you're like me and were out in la-la land when the first 12 books came out, then go out and get them and block off the rest of your day because once you start them, you can't put them down. (I'm averaging a book a day).

The idea is that Stephanie Plum is just your average girl from Jersey who loses her job and is scrambling to find anything that will pay the rent. She has a cousin Vinnie who is a bail bondsmen, and he reluctantly hires a very unqualified Stephanie to be a bounty hunter. The chaos that ensues is very Rockford Files meets I love Lucy. The characters are fantastic. They build through each book, so be sure to read them in order. I'm in the middle of book 9, and at one point had to smother myself with a pillow to keep from waking Tony up with all my guffaws.
Trust me. Get the Stephanie Plum books, call in sick for the next week and a half (I have a great book on bloody stool if you need ideas) and spend the whole time reading (and laughing) in bed.

Just make sure you've emptied your bladder first.

3 comments:

smc said...

Your link to Stephanie Plum does not work.

Anonymous said...

And does your mother get any glory for insisting you read these books(and buying them)???? Noooooo!

Anonymous said...

These books sound great! I guess I need to be mindful that I have an over forty bladder. I will be getting them this weekend and maybe some depends...