Pages

8/22/07
Divine Cookie Intervention

Ohhhhh! You will not believe what just happened! I had a cookie craving (no surprise there) which I'd been struggling valiantly to resist. It started last night, right before I clicked off the TV, when some Pillsbury commercial came on. It was the one where they were pulling freshly baked cookies out of the oven. (You know the one...the camera is shooting from inside the oven, and the perfect American mom with her perfect 2.3 kids are gazing lovingly at the perfectly shaped, perfectly spaced cookies as she pulls them out. It's enough to make you REALLY want cookies). Anyway, I don't have any cookies in the house, so I went to bed cookie-less. And I woke up with an even STRONGER cookie craving. And I've ignored it all day, but only because I want soft, oven baked cookies...not these hard vending machine cookies. (I may have to swing by for some cookie dough on the way home though. Darn you Pillsbury doughboy! You know that my willpower is no match for your subliminal cookie messages!) Anyway, the cookie craving was getting out of control, so I decided to smother it with a Twix from the vending machine. (Twix has a cookie crunch in it, so I say that it counts). Normally I don't buy candy from the vending machine because candy is not good for me. Sometimes though, the craving is not swayed by that, which is where the double whammy comes in because, hello! a Twix is 75 cents, and that is highway robbery in vending machine form. But today the cookie craving decided that a Twix would be an acceptable sacrifice, even if it wasn't good for me, and even if it did cost 75 cents. So off I went to the kitchen. When I got there, Vending Machine Guy was refilling everything. He stopped and asked me what I wanted, and I said that I wanted Twix, so he pulled two out of the vending machine and was all like, "Here, take an extra". I tried to pay him for it, but he told me not to worry about it, so I actually now have $1.50 worth of Twix for free! You know what that means, don't you? God wanted me to eat these Twix. So I ate one pack of Twix today, and am saving the other Twix for tomorrow. Because really, who am I to disagree with God AND a cookie craving?