Pages

8/14/07
Anarchy in Arby's

I was in line at Arby's today at lunch, and the weirdest thing happened. I walked in the front door right behind a man and a woman. The guy looked like one of the bajillion-zillion office workers around here, and the woman was probably late 50's/early 60's. There was already someone at the counter, so we all had to wait. When that person was through ordering, the Arby's worker turns to the guy in line and says "Can I take your order?" Guy starts to say something and all of a sudden, the woman behind him yells, "Excuse me! I was next!" and starts to push her way forward. The guy looks really startled since this woman is obviously behind him, but he steps aside and lets her order first. Here's the thing though! She wasn't next! First the guy walked in, then the woman, and then me. We came in in that order, and we stood in line in that order. (I was taller than both of them, so I had a pretty good view of the whole thing). I'm not sure what crazy woman was thinking. Maybe she's nutso and forgot that the guy was there. Maybe she was really hungry and thought that she couldn't stand another second without her Junior Beef and Cheddar with a side of Curly fries. Maybe she's an evil old bat and she just thought that she could get away with it. I dunno. I really wanted to point and yell "Line Breaker! Line Breaker!" to help right this obvious injustice, but the lady was already ordering, and I suppose in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter if Office Guy waits another 45 seconds to order his food. Definitely not worth getting in a fist fight over, and this woman looked like she'd fight this one to the ground. Still, society only works if everyone plays by the rules, and this woman definitely cut. I'm going to rule her actions as temporary insanity to preserve my stalwart sense of justice, but if you're out there reading this Office Guy, know that you were in the right and she's just a Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater.

1 comment:

smc said...

Citizen's Arrest! You should have confiscated her lunch as proceeds of a crime.