Pages

7/21/08
On the News!

Guess what! I'm famous (kinda) (not really)! I'm on the local news!

And they didn't even make me sound stupid! (Past new blips on which I have appeared are usually edited down to the stupidest thing that I say and then aired. See Halloween clip from two years ago for proof).

Anyway, I was walking into work, just minding my own business, when a camera crew stopped me to ask a few questions. And I said sure, why not? All the while telling myself not to say anything stupid. The last thing we need is another "serving wench!" comment.

And we chatted, and I did okay. Not really anything too terrible, except for one little part where I slipped up and started blathering. I believe the phrase "pesky calories" was uttered. (All the while my brain was yelling shut up! Shut up! SHUT. UP!) Luckily, that part wasn't included. Just a shot of me approaching, and then one sentence, which I totally managed not to mangle!

And I didn't look half bad, if I do say so myself. Sure, I could have bothered to put mascara on, but other than that, not too bad for 8:30 in the morning.

Eat your heart out Barbara Walters.