Pages

10/31/06
"Serving Wench!"

You'll be glad to know that my costume made the local news. (I'm guessing that adults who still dress up for Halloween is newsworthy somehow). WBIR showed up and started looking for people in costume to make fun of on tape, and we were glad to oblige. By the way, If you watch the tape, Pete Rose is my partner, Marilyn Monroe is the admin assistant, and Pocahontas does my art requests. I, of course, am the authentic western saloon girl, which Ken basically mistook for a French prostitute. (Sigh. No one understands my art).

I want to point out that they made me do the stupid walk down the hall. Ken wanted me "to really sashay". That's the best sashay I do. (Tony said I looked clumsy and awkward. Always supportive, that Tony). They also edited out all the witty things I said and managed to just use the clip where I leer insanely at the camera and yell "Serving wench!" when Ken asks me what I am. They totally ignored the part where I calmly explained that I was a high class saloon gal, like Miss Kitty. I swear, they were trying to typecast me.

To see the video, go to http://www.wbir.com/life/programming/local/schwall/default.aspx and click on "Dress up day" in the Schwall videos box.

I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to my grandparents. Or my priest.