Pages

6/11/07
Ode to the Fried Cheese

So today was lunch at Arby's day because it's just too hard to think about feeding yourself when you're trying to get out of the house on a Monday morning. (To be fair, I did at least look in the fridge to see if anything jumped out at me, but since it didn't, I'm good with Arby's). They're currently doing a pick 5 things for $5 deal. You can choose from about 8 or so different things, including a beef and cheddar, ham and cheddar, curly fries, apple turnover, milkshake, medium drink, mozzarella sticks, and some other things that don't matter because I already mentioned the mozzarella sticks. I have renamed it the school day deal, because on days that I have school, I go over and get two beef and cheddars, 2 orders of mozzarella, and an apple turnover. One mozzarella and sandwich is for lunch, one mozzarella and sandwich is for dinner at school, and the apple turnover usually ends up being 3:30pm snack. I like it oh so much. (Although sometimes the apple turnover is substituted for, oh I don't know, a third order of mozzarella). Can you tell that I'm a fan of the mozzarella goodness? Actually, if you want the best mozzarella sticks anywhere, you have to go to Sonic. Trust me on this one...I've been taste-testing mozzarella sticks all over the country for years. Anyway, Sonic cheese sticks take 1st place for best all around yumminess. They're cheesy, they're greasy (in a tasty way, not in a stomach turning way), and they're less than $3. It's fried cheese heaven baby! Seriously, they're better than the ones in restaurants, which are usually going for $6. I would say that second place goes to Applebee's, because the outsides are consistently crunchy and the insides are consistently melty. Then Arby's is 3rd, but I eat them the most because they're within walking distance of work. (If you own a restaurant that offers fried mozzarella sticks, and would like my professional review, please send several samples to me and I will be happy to post my opinion on them. The more you send, the higher your score. Free lifetime supply offers automatically win).
And yes, as it happens, fried cheese is coursing through my blood stream as we speak. And I'm okay with that.