Pages

6/5/07
Dr. Honeydew

I've started a new class for summer session. This one is on Management Information Services. The class could be interesting...but its not. There's a whole lot of "The definition of an ethical dilemma is on page 43 of your book" instead of "Discuss the ramifications of data mining vs a right to privacy. Is this an ethical dilemma?". The second would require me to think. The first bores me to tears. Therefore, I spent most of the class having an internal debate on exactly who the professor sounds like, because I know I've heard that voice before. Then it hit me! He's Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from the Muppets! Remember the professor that invented crazy stuff in Muppet Labs, usually to the detriment of his assistant, Beaker? That's my professor! Not only does he sound exactly like him, but he looks a lot like him too. The squinty (or in Honeydew's case, nonexistent) eyes, the glasses, the baldness. (My professor isn't green, but the rest is dead-on). I've attached a youtube clip below so that you can reacquaint yourself with the glory that is Dr. Honeydew (and Beaker). Just imagine this guy for 4 hours, twice a week. It's enough to make you want to impale yourself on a sharpened banana.