Pages

5/29/08
The Kid In Tony

Nestle Crunch is sponsoring a contest over at 5 Minutes for Mom entitled "The Kid in You". They are looking for photos that "bring out the spirit of childhood". As soon as I saw that, I thought of this picture. If this doesn't scream the spirit of childhood, I don't know what does.

We actually took this the day before our vacation started. Tony and I had some time to kill in Mobile AL, and we came across a public park where all these daycare kids were playing. Tony ran right over and got on the swings. Talk about being a kid all over again! He was so excited. You can see it in his face. He made it look like so much fun that after I snapped the picture, I ran over to join him.

There's just something about the feel of a sunshine-warmed swing beneath you, and the smell of the fresh cut grass and mulch on the playground, and the wind whipping through your hair (or lack thereof!) as you go higher and higher. You can almost touch the sky. I'd forgotten how much fun it was. Just for those few impromptu minutes, we were definitely kids again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, you guys are so cute!!

Howdy said...

I Love To Swing... I just wish the seats were a bit bigger...

So... who got higher?