Pages

10/15/10
Thank Heaven For Little Girls

It's a girl! We're having a girl!

We just found out yesterday. Technically, the official "anatomy" scan isn't for a few more weeks, but I was in for my 16 week checkup and the technician said that it was very very obviously a girl. (Normally, they don't like to tell you this early since parts can be small and easily missed, but I poked my little monster in the head until she shifted position enough to present some very obvious girl parts to the camera. 99.9% sure, the tech said, so I'm going with that).

(And I shall call her "mini-me"). *Puts Pinkie finger up by mouth, just in case you missed the reference the first time*

I'm not going to lie. A girl is a shock. A good shock, but a shock nonetheless. I guess whenever I pictured having a baby, it was always a boy. I'm not sure why, but I've always only imagined a boy. (It wasn't that I necessarily wanted a boy over a girl...I was just sure that that's what we'd have and that was it).

A girl is good though. Tony's sister just had a girl too, and I know that they'll love playing whenever they get together. (Plus Jenny's already talking about passing along all her 0-3 month clothes that Ms. M has outgrown). And girls are sugar and spice and everything nice, right? Who can go wrong with that?

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have a daughter! It still blows me away.

Tony's thrilled, of course. And in so much trouble. She's going to have him wrapped around her little finger in no time. She's going to be Daddy's little girl, and he's not going to have any idea what hit him. I can't wait to see that.

My daughter.