Pages

4/1/07
West Prong

Once again, we had awesome weather for our hike on Saturday. (We've been really lucky with the weather so far. Perfect weather every time!) We did the West Prong trail, which is a popular trail for overnight campers, since it has a campsite about halfway in. I've never been camping in a tent before and thought it sounded like fun, but Tony says that I probably wouldn't like it, what with not being able to lock the tent and all. (I have a thing about "intruders" coming in while I'm asleep. You have no idea how many times I make Tony get up and check the house at night because I heard a funny sound, which could have just been the cat, but come to think of it, it could also be a murderous-ax-welding-psychopath-who-has-just-gotten-into-the-house-and-is-at-this-very-moment-creeping-up-the-stairs-to-trap-us-in-the-bedroom-and-slice-us-into-tiny-bits! It always turns out to be the cat. Paranoia: another one of my wonderful quirks! But I digress). Anyway, the hike was shorter than our usual ones (5.4 miles), but with a much steeper elevation that had certain calf, thigh, and glut muscles really singing (and by singing, I mean threatening to revolt and leave my body altogether and hitchhike home without me). But the wild flowers are blooming, and the sun was shining, and the stream was gurgling, the cemetary was well kept, and we all made it to the top eventually. Check out Greg's site for some really fantastic pictures.