Pages

1/22/09
Home, Home On The Range

Check out what I did today! Mom and I headed down to the range to do some shooting. While I'm not normally a range-rat, Mom got a Bersa Thunder 380 pistol for Christmas, and if you're going to own one, you need to know how to shoot it. So she invited me along for the fun, and we did a little target practice.

Mom's been going just about every week since Christmas, but my previous shooting experiences were with a rifle, so the pistol was new for me. But it's a nice little thing...not to heavy, not to light. (I sound like Goldilocks and the three bears here, but I can guarantee you that if Momma Bear had had one of these, Goldilocks would not have broken in to eat all their porridge and sleep in their beds).


Anyway, despite my lack of previous practice, I thought I did a pretty good job. Mom shot at the top target and the one on the left, whereas I mostly concentrated on the one in the middle. And it turns out that I'm a good shot. I even managed to hit a couple of bulls eyes. (This is at 7 yards). Even the guys next to us at the range stopped to clap after I shot. (Of course, they may have just been being nice. They were there to shoot this REALLY LOUD elephant gun, and even through our ear protection, every time it went off the building would shake and Mom would yell a not-nice word. So it's possible the clapping was to make up for the sonic booms they caused).


While I'm not a gun owner myself (I figured given my track record, it probably wasn't a good idea) I did really enjoy the target practice. And I'm definitely on board the next time Mom heads back out there.

Fair warning to you, Goldilocks.

1 comment:

Kit said...

Ah, man! I want to go shooting at the range! No fair!