Pages

1/12/07
Rain Delay

Happily, my new Nalgene Aspect 2.0L Hydration Pack with "floating asymmetrical shoulder straps for fit and comfort" and a "TPE polymer reservoir with articulated BiteMe™ valve with magnetic clip, Super-D opening for easy access and a no-leak quick connect hose" has arrived! (I've been wearing it around the house for several days now. I watch tv with it on, I cook dinner with it on, I read with it on, Tony laughs at me with it on). Needless to say, I'm very excited about it. Sadly, my chance to take it out on the trails this weekend has been delayed by rain. Stupid Rain!

Since hiking is out, I plan to buy a car instead. (A bit of a jump, I know). Inclement weather actually comes in handy when buying a convertible, because you can tell right away if it has a leaking problem. (I've never had a problem with a Sebring leaking, but better to be safe than sorry). Tony and I have been doing the "dance of the car buyer" for several days now, which involves circling the car, dramatic arm waving during negotiations, and several waltzes to the door and back again as we haggle over price with the salesman"). Assuming the car performs well in the rain, we'll take our final bows, fork over the money, and drive away with a new car tomorrow.

I wonder what the salesman will think if I wear my new backpack.