Pages

1/24/07
Stir Crazy

I'm feeling a bit stir crazy today. I need spring to come. I'm tired of the cold.

I'm a very seasonally sensitive person, to the point that I tell people that I'm solar powered. Warm sunshine makes me happy. Cold cloudiness makes me sleep. A lot. Every year, I try to soak up as much warm outside weather as possible before winter comes. This year I've actually been doing better than usual, due to the mild winter we've had so far. We even had a few mid-60's weekends in December, which was like a shot in the arm to get me through the miserable winter for another few days. But now it's been more than a few weeks of mid-40's blah, and I'm getting a little antsy.

Where's all this global warming everyone is talking about? It's freezing here! Not snow like the rest of the country has, which would give me a good argument for not coming in to work, but not warm either. Just...blah.

Things I'm going to do once it gets warm:
Wear sandals
Plant stuff in my flower beds
Hike!
Go swimming
Put away all coats, hats, gloves, scarves, boots, socks, sweaters, and wooly socks
Read on the back porch
Wear sleeveless shirts
Leave work before it gets dark.