Pages

1/21/07
Peyton (and Bears) going to the SuperBowl!

There's going to be a battle in my house. I can feel the ill winds blowing. Tensions are mounting, gantlet (whatever those are) are being thrown down, opposing sides are lining up...

The Colts and Bears are playing each other in the SuperBowl.

Here's how it works in my house. Tony loves all things Chicago Sports, so he's a diehard Bears fan (and Cubs fan, and Blackhawks fan, and Bulls fan). I'm 100% with him on the Hawks, and I'll cheer for the Flubs (those lovable losers!), and I could care less about basketball in general, but on Football, another team owns my heart. (Actually, just one player on that team).

My blood runs University of Tennessee Orange, and all true vol fans know that in addition to cheering for UT, (a no brainer!) you must also support one of our favorite all time quarterbacks...one Peyton Manning. (Or just Peyton, since everyone around here knows exactly who you are talking about, and we're on a first name basis with him anyway). I couldn't tell you another member of the Colts team, but it doesn't matter, because Peyton is playing, and that's all that matters. I cheer at his commercials, I root for his wins, I lament his losses. He's one of us, even though he's with Indianapolis now. And he DESERVES to win the SuperBowl, darnnit!

So here we are. The perfect storm of SuperBowls. Tony, who normally wouldn't care who won if the Bears weren't in it, is becoming so Bears fanatical, it's ridiculous. And me, who historically only runs in to watch the commercials and not the game, will be GLUED to Peyton's every move. Every moment of this game is going to be hard fought, and that's just me and Tony. The actual teams will have it easy compared to us.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

GO PEYTON! . . . uh, and Colts!