Pages

5/18/07
The Office and Mt. LeConte

Did anybody else see The Office last night? That show cracks me up like no other. I was supposed to have class last night, but a classmate of mine called me right before I left work to tell me that there was a note on the door that said class was cancelled tonight due to Professor illness. (My suspicions are that the "illness" might have had something to do with the fact that the Gin Blossoms were playing at Sundown in the City last night, but that's just my guess). Either way, a free night is a free night, and I'm definitely good with that. Tony's been working 12 hour days due to the plant audit that they're going through right now, so he didn't want to fight the crowds to see said Gin Blossoms. We just ended up having a quick dinner at Chili's (Oh how I love you spicy queso!) and then watching The Office.

Spoiler Alert- If you haven't seen the Office episode yet and still want to, don't read this.
I'm not such a fan of Jim's new haircut. It makes his ears look enormous. I like shaggy adorable Jim better. And I don't know what set Jan off the deep end, but I liked her better when she was the sane one, and Michael was bizarre (and Jan knew it). This new chest-enhanced, mood swinging crazy Jan who likes Michael bothers me. She almost makes Michael look normal, and what's funny about that? I love love LOVE that Ryan the intern got the job at Corporate (hooray for advancing people with MBAs!). Personally, I think that Jim declined the job in order to stay in Scranton for Pam, and I have no idea what will happen to Karen. I thought since she had friends in New York already that she would just stay there and expect Jim to stay with her, but maybe not. I'm happy for Jim and Pam getting together, but I'm more happy about Jim and Dwight staying together. Jim and Dwight's antics are really what makes the show. Nothing makes me smile more than when Jim puts Dwight's office supplies in jello. Ah, Good times, good times. I'm already looking forward to the new season.

In other news, I'm hiking Mt. LeConte tomorrow. This will be my most difficult hike yet. Not so much because of the 10 miles, but because of the killer elevation change. To make it more fun, all the other girls have wimped out, so I'm going to try to keep up with a bunch of competitive, testosterone-filled guys who have been known to race each other up the mountain. RUNNING up a mountain...have you ever heard of such nonsense? I'm hoping that I can counter my lack of endurance with several cans of Red Bull. The whole "gives you wings" thing better be true, because I'm going to need them to make it up to the top. (Down is never a problem for me. Why aren't there more just downhill trails?) Check back again tomorrow, because assuming I survive, I should have some pretty neat pictures.