Pages

5/21/07
Weekend Update

Well, bad news on LeConte. There was some unexpected "intestinal distress" that started Friday night and continued into the wee hours. (Is this your doing, spicy Queso?) Anyway, since my idea of fun isn't exactly telling a bunch of guys to hold up on their race to the top while I rapidly march into the woods with a shovel and Hikemaster Greg's special biodegradable toilet paper (oh yes!), I had to bail on the hike. I'm seriously bummed, and now have a couple of cans of Red Bull in the fridge that I don't know what to do with. (Finals are coming up, I'm sure I'll suck at least one down then). For those of you who were just dying to see pictures from the top of Mt LeConte, please allow me to direct you to Hikemaster Greg's site.

In other excited weekend news, you'll be thrilled to know that Quirky Dad took gold in 1 and 3 meter boards in the Spring Masters National Championships in Miami this weekend! (I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.) My dear old Dad, contributor to half of my quirky genes, is the BEST 50-64 Springboard diver IN. THE. NATION. (Bet you can't say that about your Dad...well, Steph can, but she's the only other one). I, as his self-appointed promotional manager, have alerted all the local news stations, and they are coming to interview Dad next week. Just remember, you heard it here first. (To see last weekend's diving competition in Chattanooga, click here). I didn't get to attend this one because I was dog-sitting the Grand Master of Diving's Pupmaster General (more on that later), but Mom went and was able to tape the entire thing, so as soon as I can get my hands on the video, I'll post some snippets. Congratulations Dad! You're the best (literally)!